'Top Five' Financial Management Mistakes
- Not having clear financial goals for your future
- Not increasing mortgage payments as your income increases. By increasing your payments you can reduce your mortgage faster and make better use of your funds
- Saving money in a savings account when you have a mortgage charging a higher interest rate than you can earn
- Incorrect mortgage structure - leading to higher costs and/or insufficient flexibility
- Having other high interest loans (i.e. hire purchases) in addition to a mortgage loan. In many cases we can incorporate these other debts into your mortgage, saving you money.